"bouncy" dot 'n' dab...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put up a piece of board where I had to knock some plaster off a wall..
I don't think I put enough adhesive on in some spots, or i put the dabs too far apart..
there are spots on the wall that are kind of "bouncy" ie. the board moves when pressed.. most notable is at the bottom where i made the mistale of starting the dabs about 8 inches up the wall..

is there any way to fill these voids to stop the bounce?

the wall is behind a dishwasher and won't be seen and is no yet skimmed so drilling holes etc not a problem..

I'm thinking maybe a tube of gripfill and a few small holes, or maybe a can of spray foam?

Sponsored Links
you could use the steel plugs for fixing plasterboard.if there is a large space behind plasterboard drill a few small holes in it and pump in a small amount of expanding foam.dont use gripfill

it's sollidly in place..it's just bouncy iin some places.. needs the voids filled a bit i think..

so foam is best you recon?

i noticed another thread about the foaming adhesive in a can.. would I be able to use that or should i stick with regular expanding foam?

Try the "Insta Stik" as it doesn't expand like normal foam. Normal foam might " Blow" the bottom of the board away from the wall!!! Or you could make a few holes a couple of inches up from the bottom of the board,(about one and a half inches round) and fill them with some dry wall adhesive. If you do any of these methods I would nail a batten on the floor against the board or put some weight in front of it to stop it pushing out. Good Luck. ;) It might be an idea to slide a piece of DPC under the board before you do this so you dont get any damp tracking back up.....

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem - used the stuff royc is talking about. Works a treat.

If you have not yet plastered it, another way around it.
Is to cut the length of the board across the bottom, where it's not fixed correctly, so you can pull it away and then adhesive up the back of the board still fixed to wall and then adhesive to cut off and fix it back on and tape joint.

this is one peace of board we are talking about here if its just that and haven't been tacked properly and not yet plastered then just take it off and replace it with another board rather than mess around with it drilling holes the whole process will only take a few minutes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back