Plasterboard ceiling leak advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys,

We recently moved into a new build property. The shower waste wasn't fitted properly and we had a small leak from this. It dripped through what I'm assuming was plasterboard right in the corner where the sloping ceiling above the stairs meets the flat ceiling of the front door area.

It probably leaked 50-100ml or something small. Was a small wet patch on the carpet and a tiny bit in a bucket after we noticed it. The plasterboard was wet in a strip of maybe 15cmx2cm.

Picture of when it was wet:
IMG_20131007_172200-XL.jpg

I can't see any signs of damage other than some paint missing from the metal join/corner point now its dry.

Should I be concerned/ demanding the builders replace that part of the plasterboard? Or as long as its dry and there's no visible damage will it be ok?

Sponsored Links
That would depend on what you wanted to do about the issue.
It's a decision that you need to make.
It would be hard to determine what damage has been done, but what will happen is you will be left with a water stain, that will leach through paint, unless a stain sealer is used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back