Plasterboard ceiling with multifinish and mdf stair opening. can I joint them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to sort out a detail which seem very tricky.

I have ceiling with multifinish which stops at the stair opening and then I have the stair opening itslef which need to be wrapped up with MDF to have a strong edge whcih carry over to the above flooring.

I would like to have a seamless on the corner but not sure if the MDF can be plastered and have a metal angle on the joint like we do when joining 2 plasterboard.

Any idea how this can be sorted?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally a timber - plaster joint will crack due to differential thermal movement.
A metal (stainless, but galvanised can be used inside) mesh is used to prevent such cracking. But it might not eliminate it.
You might be better advised in the Plastering and Rendering forum.
I'll leave it to you to request a mod to move your query, if you wish. (Use the 'Report' function and request the move)

Normally a timber - plaster joint will crack due to differential thermal movement.
A metal (stainless, but galvanised can be used inside) mesh is used to prevent such cracking. But it might not eliminate it.
You might be better advised in the Plastering and Rendering forum.
I'll leave it to you to request a mod to move your query, if you wish. (Use the 'Report' function and request the move)

Made request. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back