Plasterboard+Celotex installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm converting the internal garage and putting plasterboard glued with celotex on the wall. There are some electrical cables and I don't really want to cut channels in the celotex. The plan is to glue 10mm plastic spacers to the celotex and then glue the boards to the wall using adhesive foam. Can you foresee any problems with this? I know dot and dab is cheaper but for the size of the wall I prefer the foam over the mess I'll make with the dot and dab.

Sponsored Links
Dot and dab shouldn't be any mess, with either method you may need to prime the boards or the wall first.

Depending on the depth of the insulation you might need to move cables anyway.

Please do a condensation risk analysis and meet the required thermal values. Not all these insulated boards are made the same and your local supplier is not going to know the correct information about it's vapour performance.

Good point about priming - PVA OK? It's an internal garage, and mid work it turned out it has cavity wall insulation, so not much need for the celotex, except me having bought it already. The cable is 2.5mm2 on a fused 13A spur, so should be well within rating. Thanks.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back