1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with fixing Thermal celotex plasterboard

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by coop5, 24 Oct 2014.

1. coop5

coop5

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

After spending a few hours searching and reading I seem to be more confused.

I have some celotex thermal insulation plasterboard which I intend to dot and dab onto the inside of a solid brick wall.

Now I was going to dot and dab followed by some mechanical fixings.

BUT now I am unsure if this is the correct method in terms of condensation which may form between any voids which I may create?

Am I worrying for no reason or do I have a point, I was going to just dot and dab standard board but I have been given four free boards ☺ !! And this room is going to be a nursery so I want it as warm as possible.

Thank you

2. stevethespreader

stevethespreader

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I looked up on their website and the boards have vapour barriers in place take a look also u may find this bid helpful Celotex PL4000 Insulation Board: http://youtu.be/EHMiaVmQOLA

3. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local