Plasterboard fix/patch/replace advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a kitchen cupboard that has been up on the wall for 18 months, it came off the wall, because it had been loaded up with too much weight. The metal plates the cupboard was on have ripped a hole out of the plasterboard. (see below).

wall.jpg

I'm planning on replacing the 1000mm cupboard, since it's suffered a bit of damage and with 2 x 500mm ones. And in an ideal world, want to remount in the same place as it's a row of cupboards along that wall.

I'm doubt I'll be able to just patch the holes and mount the two smaller cupboards.

I'm looking for a decent idea to fix, and is sensible, so please tell me if these are daft,rubbish, etc.

Do I patch the holes and then re-mount all the cupboards on the wall about 4-5 inches higher that they currently are?

Would replacing a section of plasterboard from roof to worktop be a good way to go, or would I be better doing floor to ceiling?

Any advice welcome
Thanks
Dougie

Sponsored Links
What I did when I built my kitchen was ,where.. the brackets go I put in a strip of half inch ply-wood You can cut out an area of plaster board(where the brackets will fit and put a piece of 8" x12.5mm ply in.) screw it to the studs and refix your brackets to the ply... Make sure your brackets get a solid fixing on the ply..

Perfect, seems simple and straight forward enough and as a result I found a video showing how to do it.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back