Plasterboard Patches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi – does anyone have experience of filling ceiling holes with those wire plasterboard patches?

I have quite a few down-light holes to fill and I’m wondering if even the best job fixing with those patches can make the ceiling completely smooth, or whether I’ll always be able to see an imperfection in the ceiling?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I am coming to that conclusion. The annoying thing is that it was skimmed last Monday. I came home and realised, once the down-lights had been removed by the plasterer, that the previous owners had installed half the down-lights right up against the timber joists!!

So, now I'm looking at...as you say...filling the holes and a reskim (which I won't attempt myself)...live and learn...

Cheers

. The annoying thing is that it was skimmed last Monday. I came home and realised, once the down-lights had been removed by the plasterer, that the previous owners had installed half the down-lights right up against the timber joists!!

Cheers
so what happened exactly you came home and the plasterer removed the lights after plastering or b4 he plastered? and how many have you got?

Sponsored Links
He had taken the lights out to apply the skim and left them on the side to let the skim dry. I only realised they were too close now that I'm able to see into the void - I didn't think to check beforehand.

14 lights - 8 of them too close and I can't leave the other 6 in as they're not in any acceptable pattern or straight line.

The next skim will take the ceiling too low the coving, so I'll have to take that off and replace also. All in all, a right pain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back