Plasterboard shower area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I’m ready to plasterboard my extension and not sure what I should be using around the shower area of the ensuite.

I originally planned standard plasterboard which will be skimmed but a friend said I should use moisture resistant boards, but is it necessary if I’m skimming the plasterboard?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont skim anything if you intend to tile over it.fix the tile to the background.
thers masses of recent info on your question if you search.
an thers related threads at the bottom of this page.

Thanks, we will have a freshly skimmed brick wall at the rear of the shower which I was going to seal and just presumed that I could use standard plasterboard on the front and side of the shower if it’s skimmed.

I can tape and joint these walls if it’s really not recommended to time onto plaster but the rear wall I can’t do much about

Use Wediboard, or some cement based board. Fix with the appropriate big washers. Seal well between skimmed brick wall and wedi / cement board, and tile straight over,but use SBR on the plastered wall.

Using standard plasterboard is asking for a problem at some point in the future...

Sponsored Links
interstin video, thanks for postin that.

i used to read this roger guy in the Professional Builder an Pro Plumber magazines an hes a top class plumber but a lttle out of his depth once he steps out of plumbing.
shower trays with fin upstands for instance are deff the way to go.
an strips of sticky tape are simlpy advanced DIY.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back