Plasterer using gypsum easi-fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would appreciate opinions regarding the plasterer we are using.

- I have asked him to plaster my dining room and two main bedrooms
- He has been working on my dining room and is skimming the whole area
using a component called gypsum easi-fill.
- He is mixing it with water and PVA.

He informed me it is really good product. I have my reservations as videos on youtube show cement based plaster rather than use of easi-fill.

Is he duping me? :confused:

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
He's not a plasterer he's a cowboy & creating all sorts of problems for you. You don't skim walls with easyfill, he's only using it because he can't plastter; get rid of him & employ someone who ctually knows what they are doing.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just spoken to the "builder", he said :

1. It is flexible
2. Same material as plaster
3. Is (easi-fill) more expensive than normal material
4. He said he will now use Multi-finish which is cheaper, is this same as plaster?

Is he telling me correct or bulls**ting me?

Bull, I'm afraid.

Easifill is not the same - grains size and set for one. You rub a damp sponge on easifill after it's dry , and it will soften. Try that with multifinish.

Ricard C is right. He's doing that because he can't plaster. HE knows he can put this on and then rub down and re fill imprefections Why is he mixing PVA in it for a start if it's the same as Multi?

Easifill is a good product in the right application- this isn't one of them.

What has the price got to do with suitability? A bag of Colombia's finest white export would cost much more, but that's hardly a reason to slap it on your living room wall............

Sponsored Links
Easi fill does what it says on the tin--FILL

You should have bags of multi finish or board finish, and you should have the pink stuff slapped everywhere.

You could easi fill it yourself and rub it down, and save money.

I always carry some easi fill, and give it to people to use instead of filler. And if i notice a few dinks and nicks on walls that im not skiming, ill knock a mouthfull of easi fill up and fill in stuff, while im hanging around.

I would tell you "builder" you want it skimming with multifinish plaster.

How much are you paying for all this? if you'd rather not say thats fine, how bigs the room etc.. Then people in the know can give you an idea of what you should be paying....

This guy is a polish bloke, he's asking for £660 for removing paper, skimming and painting. The rooms is a dining room and two double bedrooms.

This guy is a polish bloke, he's asking for £660 for removing paper, skimming and painting. The rooms is a dining room and two double bedrooms.
:eek: polish? this will please joe 90, seriously though none of the poles are versed in using multifinish or any of our plastering systems unless there are some that have been over here for a while, ive had 1sthand experience with the poles and there work, any spread that works out on site will have come across them as well, the fact that hes skimming your house with easifill mixed with pva is a classic example tell him to sling his hook

What he is actually doing is removing the paper, filling all the holes, sanding, then painting.

Dont care what race make or flavour he is, you have to tell him to sling his hook. Get a plasterer in. Then a decorator if thats what you want.

He isn't getting easi fill mixed up with that white plaster that my mate used in belgium for years is he? Either that or he'll be on Cowboy Builder soon.

Best stick with british!

Any chance you could take some photos, close up on the wall if you can.

Then we can use it as a " dont do this " to people.

Cowboy builders programs are full of British however.......

Who lowered the tone?

Cowboy builders programs are full of British however.......

Who lowered the tone?

Agree with Peaps, I had my block paving for my drive way done and they did not keep to the 150mm Damp proof course regs. Whereby I had to write them a legal letter requesting them to correct the issue or else.

the picture with the wooden door in it? tell me thats not finished?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back