Plasterer using gypsum easi-fill

Any chance you could take some photos, close up on the wall if you can.

Then we can use it as a " dont do this " to people.

A great idea. Definitely one for a hall (or dining room?) of shame!

I have to say, I've seen some dodgy things posted in the plastering forum since I joined in 2008. But this one takes the biscuit! :eek:

Singhsta - if he's going to skim with multi, then he may be able to correct. I'd suggest you only let him do 1 small wall and you review the results.
Based on some of your pics, the easi-fill looks nowhere near smooth, so your plaster could end up the same way.

Sponsored Links
I've been vindicated. :p :p :p

What is this Forum coming!!! First we had Steve with his tennis elbow, and now Joe says he's just been "vindicated" phew!! :eek: . Was it painful Joe, or did you have an anaesthsetic,,, anyway,,, get well soon. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
so whats happening have you sacked him?

Hes coming back today, before he thinks he's starting work I am going to get him to tell me exactly what he is going to do. Then I am going to tell him to get the heck out of my property and take his stuff with him and hire a local lad called Chris . :)

Oh yea, I got this guy from My Builder, hes got 100% feedback out 5 jobs.. well I guess you cant depend on feedback alone as the folks hiring don't know any better. Lucky for me I asked on you guys for advise and its been greatly appreciated.

the picture with the wooden door in it? tell me thats not finished?

Not sure, I will let you know when i speak to him today.

the easi-fill looks nowhere near smooth, so your plaster could end up the same way.

I agree with ya :evil:

Hi all,

When he arrived I enquired what he will be doing, he informed me.

1. Add another coat of easi-fill
2. Remove lines by scraping/sanding them down
3. Then, apply multi-finish

I said OK, then I went out to do some shopping.

When I came back he asked for £150 every week on Friday to be added to his account for materials, costs coming to my home and back.

I informed him that this was not agreed and we will only pay at end of works if satisfied - this is part of our consumer rights ! He did not like this response and took his stuff and walked out.

Now to call Chris :cool:

applying another coat of easi fill and then multi?

Oh well at least his gone now.

Definitely one for a hall (or dining room?) of shame!
I have to say, I've seen some dodgy things posted in the plastering forum since I joined in 2008. But this one takes the biscuit! :eek:
ive got some pics of a job thats so bad that it will make that poles work look its been done by a master plasterer, trouble is is got a personal story to it im thinking shall i show it or shan't i? as its caused a lot of grief at the time

ive got some pics of a job thats so bad that it will make that poles work look its been done by a master plasterer, trouble is is got a personal story to it im thinking shall i show it or shan't i? as its caused a lot of grief at the time

Please add :)

So how many weeks was this going to take him using Easyfill & sanding :rolleyes: The guy is totally incompetent as a spread & would not even measure up as a handy man; youve had a very lucky escape.

You can get problems skimming over easi-fill. I've done it in the past then when you roller it the whole lot breaks up and distributes itself all over your wall.

Please add :)
im going to but it comes with a story and im busy writing it

You can get problems skimming over easi-fill. I've done it in the past then when you roller it the whole lot breaks up and distributes itself all over your wall.
You can get exactly the same thing happening with TBF (thsitle board finish) when feathering -in over non porous pva'd surfaces. The solution is to use multi as it copes a lot better when faced with feather-in situations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back