Plastering and tiling over a sliding door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

This is my first post so apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

I have installed a sliding pocket door system (Eclisse) into our stud wall in between the bedroom and the en suite bathroom.

The metal frame is fixed solidly, but with an opening of around 2m, there is a little give and flex towards the middle of its height.

12.5mm plasterboard has been screwed onto the metal frame, ready for skimming.

However my builders have said that they cannot skim the wall and that the tiler cannot tile on the bathroom side as they may crack/blow after a month or so.

Can anyone help with suggestions for:

- Tiling the bathroom side (I thought of maybe adding some marine ply)?
- Plastering/skimming the bedroom side (anything more flexible that can absorb minor vibration?)

Thanks

H

Sponsored Links
Once again, if you posted pics it would really help.

What are the dimensions for the total opening?

Are the bottom and top rails pinned to floor and ceiling joists or solid backing?

What is the height of the doors? Are they very heavy?

Hi Ree

To answer your questions:

- No picture of that opening, but have attached link to door spec.
http://www.eclisse.co.uk/var/ecliss...ication/68bfce07dc3aca49b2d639722f4fa730.pdf.

- The door is built into the 125mm (5in) studwork itself

- Overall frame dimenion is 2056 (81in) H x 1686 (66in) W

- Frame is fitted into the stud wall on 3 sides and into the floor

- Door is supplied with the kit and is 1971 (77.6in) x 762 (30in) H. Haven't weighed the door but it is 8mm glass and supplied with the kit.

H

I cant visualise what you describe.

Could you do a quick drawing and scan it on here? The original opening, the metal frame and any studding.

The link wont open. But i have a good idea about these doors.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back