Plastering/Artex quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to get some quote for plastering of a bathroom ceiling - approximately 180cmx180cm - just wondered what the going rate would be for something like this - to give me an idea.....not trusted to do it myself by the other half.

On another note - the bedroom and living room ceiling in this house is artexed (horrible swirly thing) what's the suggested solution for removing/replacing it....and how much does that usually cost....I 've been told its a messy jobn to get it off!!

Cheers

MW

Sponsored Links
watersm said:
On another note - the bedroom and living room ceiling in this house is artexed (horrible swirly thing) what's the suggested solution for removing/replacing it....and how much does that usually cost....I 've been told its a messy jobn to get it off!!

Cheers

MW

sure i have read on this site it is easier to get a plaster skim coat to cover artex, get a quote for that too

A plasterer would charge you a day's rate for skimming the bathroom at a cost of £120-150 depending on where you live and if they supplied all the materials then the cost would obviously rise . You may find though at the minute good plasterers are all very busy so be prepared either to wait or pay more than the odds if you want to queue jump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back