Plastering ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been told by my plasterer that he cannot plaster over my plasterboarding as it is not adequately secured...we have very few joists to tie it to. Plastering it now would mean it cracking by the morning :( There is a main join running the width of the room that is only supported at either end and at one point across the middle. Where there are joists we have secured the boarding to them, and there are generally two per strip of boarding. The room is about 6-7' wide. He suggested putting more plasterboard ontop of this layer, but I am worried about the strength of the roof as it is only an extention (An extrememly old one) with a flat roof. Would it be better to take it down in those places and put some 'noggins' between the joists to help support the plasterboard???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back