Plastering course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Has anyone been on one if these 5 day plastering courses here are they any good and can u really learn to plaster to a good standard in 5 days. The reason is i am getting jarred of with my job and would like to give it a crack

Sponsored Links
I attended the five day internal plastering course at goldtrowel in February having had no plastering experience.

The course is intensive and very physically demanding (especially the Tuesday which is rendering all day if you are daft enough like me to choose one of the larger bays). You receive videos/dvds before the course and it is essential that you study those before the course as there is not enough time to start from scratch in the five days.

I would say that at the end of the five days you will be able to plaster to a decent enough standard to plaster in your own house and with further practice after the course (especially paying attention to edges and internal corners) you'd be able to do work commercially and the forums at goldtrowel are full of people that have done just that.

The guys running the course are excellent and if you are up for it and prepared to give it a good go then you will get a lot from the course. If you want to whinge about your shoulder and hand aching 45 mins into the course then it ain't for you.

Sponsored Links
WWPecker said:
I attended the five day internal plastering course at goldtrowel in February having had no plastering experience.

The course is intensive and very physically demanding (especially the Tuesday which is rendering all day if you are daft enough like me to choose one of the larger bays). You receive videos/dvds before the course and it is essential that you study those before the course as there is not enough time to start from scratch in the five days.

I would say that at the end of the five days you will be able to plaster to a decent enough standard to plaster in your own house and with further practice after the course (especially paying attention to edges and internal corners) you'd be able to do work commercially and the forums at goldtrowel are full of people that have done just that.

The guys running the course are excellent and if you are up for it and prepared to give it a good go then you will get a lot from the course. If you want to whinge about your shoulder and hand aching 45 mins into the course then it ain't for you.

Thxs for the feedback WWPecker have you done any work commercially yourself wwpecker .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back