Learning to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
always fancied learning to plaster, what’s the best way to learn? Are the 5 day courses any good, or would it be better to ask a plasterer to lend a hand and learn that way, on the job?

Sponsored Links
you really need someone to show you the few basics to get started but forget skilled people - most do price work, and wont want you hanging around using up time.
the little i know about these courses for any trade is that they are not up to much. how can they be after only a few days? but, at least you would know how to mix, clean your tools and stick it on a wall.
perhaps go in a professional builder's suppliers and mention what you have in mind, post a notice, or wait in the car park for older guys loading powder and ask them.
pub vaults might have a retired plasterer/builder who will be willing to show you a bit?

have you inquired about night school plastering classes?
most building colleges seem to do only apprentices or long courses for NVQ etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks bobasd, will continue reading up on it - I think at the moment its best if i stay indoors sadly. Got a bathroom to hopefully get done while we are all on lockdown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back