Plastering in a Wimpy no-fines house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old no fines house and due to costs I'm having to be a have a go hero, and sort things out myself. i am however finding that when I rub exposed base plaster it's just turning to dust and falling to the floor. I can, using a scrubbing brush, scrub right down to the wall itself in most cases. I'm guessing This is NOT good to simply plaster over ... If I am wrong. Please Tel me quick as I'm doing what can to remove it now lol. So, should I remove it all? And if so, what should I use to replaster with when it's all removed? I am guessing hardwall as I'm guessing to will be high suction (with great key) but I don't know.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Remove loose and SBR or PVA to make a solid surface...
Then get it skimmed?
That's what your thinking?..
Picture would help

You might consider lining the inside surface of exteral walls with insulation and plasterboard to improve the rating of the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back