Plastering on AquaPrufe

LLA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have to plaster on Aquaprufe-bitumen waterproofing? I have damp coming through a wall. The bitumen creates a waterproof coat and should let damp evaporate "naturally rather then through the brick and plaster. I was told that on the second coat while the product is still wet on the wall I should dash is with sand. When dry this will help give the plaster a surface to grab better on. I need to plaster about 12mm to get it level with the remaining plaster.

Even though after phoning the manufacturer I am suspect of the dried bitumen sand mix to give good adhesion to the plaster. I will plaster in two layers so it’s not too heavy. First coat below the rim second flush with the surface.

Any thoughts from the Pros on using Aquaprufe?

Sponsored Links
i use aquaprufe-bitumen now and again (only upstairs).

if you can, you ideally need to stop the cause (it only protects where it is and damp can spread if the cause remains).

having said that it does perform well.

i've not tried browning or finish directly on it though. i've used bonding and plasterboard adhesive successfully (whichever i've got to hand and how big the area is - bonding large/adhesive small areas). then skim with finish.

the trick for me is to use grit sand and chuck/smear it on with you hand (use gloves and some plastic/mating on the floor to collect and reuse the sand). the sand needs to go on almost straight away as the aquaprufe goes off v.quickly. you have to do a patch at a time typ 1/2 metre.

Thanks. you are right it cures super fast. By the time I put the brush down its loosing its tack. I chucked loads of sand on. Left it on then brushed off the next day, leaving the hardened bitumen sand exterior.

Used one coat seems OK but what a phaff. You are right sort the leak first. Been so wet/windy not been able to get on the roof/outside.

Thanks for the comment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back