Multi-coat, prepare 1st coat before applying the second?

a brush is far more versatile than a spray bottle can ever be.

Spot on mucker. Countless generations of plasterers have used the waterbrush,,,,, and it's not a problem putting clean water into a bucket for trowling up either.

Roughcaster.

roughcaster

me and a mate would talk about things like this over a pint haha ..do you find that using a clean water bucket soon needs cleaning doing big jobs and your applying dirty water back to the wall ?...my mate rekons it makes no diff,just nice to hear differences of opinion.

cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm the same as your mate, if it's not too bad then I'll use it....... There's dirty water,,,, and then there's "dirty" water.

Roughcaster.

the problem lies, when you go to flick water on the wall and the bucket goes with it. :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the date 00db last posted lads ;) Me I run my water brush along my trowel and never "flick" water on the wall and I try to have a clean water bucket with a sponge in it if I have to blend in...

who cares about the o.p. we're having a debate here.

go spoil someone else's fun.

i remember at plastering college this smart arse said to me,see this thin coating on the face of my trowel,i said aye what about it ,he called it something cant recall ...i said to him ahh right tidy,and do you know why you got that on you trowel ..dunno he said...i told him its because you using dirty water to clean your trowel with .

to me soon as you dip your brush in your water your applying dirty water back on the wall.dont get me wrong i been doing it myself for years,and its great when you got a labourer to change your bucket,but how many times do you change your water bucket when you up against it,or on a big job.sometimes i just cant be arsed to rinse the bucket out ,and the water gets manky quite quick,what with all the fat in there aswell.

im talking minutae differences,and im not getting into my way is better that your way so dont even go there :LOL:

the water in the bucket is no less concentrated with plaster products as the wall it is being flicked onto. :LOL:

to me its a bit like using the fat to fill in voids,which is retempred plaster ? which in turns weakens the gypsum ?...over the top tech wise :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back