1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

plastering over chased CH pipes

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by degsy41, 25 Jul 2020.

  1. degsy41


    22 May 2015
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi All,

    I have had a new central heating system installed, boiler etc in loft and chased pipes in living room, hall and 2 bedrooms to the various rads.
    the plumbers filled in the chasing with plaster etc but I need an actual plasterer to bring it back to a smooth wall.

    For the bedrooms and living room its just two pipes from the ceiling down the side of the window and then along to the rad under the window. I've tried to attach a photo of one bedroom. not sure if I have done it correctly.

    I would like some advice as to how much room a plasterer would need to do the jobs as I will probably need to dismantle beds and wardrobes etc. I would like to only dismantle the furniture I have to.
    Would they be able to protect the rest of the room contents from dust etc.
    Also, would I need to have the whole wall plastered or could an experienced plasterer be able to repair only the mess left by the plumbers.
    I've never had plastering done, roughly how much would a repair like this to a single room?

    thanks in advance for any advice,


    Attached Files:

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. bennymultifinish


    21 Apr 2020
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    find someone who’s willing to fill them out with a good quality filler and sand them back.

Share This Page