Plastering over newly fitted electrical cables/sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had some power sockets installed/replaced in our kitchen, the cables having heavy duty plastic (PVC?) covers over them. Am I okay to plaster over these, and what would I do it with? Would it be the same material all the way to the surface, or would I need something different for the top coat?

I'm not home at the moment, but from memory the depth of plaster needed to fill the holes in the wall would be from 1cm to about 5cm depending on how close to the socket's metal box you are. Will probably paper over the surface with lining paper and then paint it matt, if that affects how good a finish the plaster would need to be.

Have filled cracks before but never plastered a wall or anything like it, so any quick-mix/pre-mixed materials would be good. Project is already overbudget so I really don't want to pay someone to come out and do it for us.

Sponsored Links
Have a search in the plastering forum.
There's at least a few good posts on covering chases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back