Plastering over wall & ceiling swirls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what a rough cost would be to plaster over the ceiling & wall swirls in a few rooms in a house. Mulling over buying an old terraced house to do up and move into but want to know what sort of cost I'd be looking at first.

4.62m x 3.86m ceiling only
3.86m x 3.73m wall & ceiling
3.78m x 2.31m ceiling
2.87m x 2.49m ceiling
All landing and stairs (walls and ceiling)

Sponsored Links
What type of swirls are they?
What height are the peaks?
What age are swirls, do they contain asbestos?
What condition are the ceiling in?
Is it starlight forward bond-it and skim, do peaks need reducing, does artex need removing, does ceiling condition mean it is no suitable to skim, is rip down or overboard needed?
Lots variables to consider and all questions I would be asking or stuff i would be looking for.
As far as sq area is concerned, wall heights would be required?
If the property is empty during work, would be easier and cheaper to do, regional prices will vary.
Ball park figures between £8-10 per sq meter. plus any prep!

Thanks. I don't actually know the answers to be honest other than its just the horrible artex look from the 80's. Looking like a few hundred pounds minimum.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I don't actually know the answers to be honest other than its just the horrible artex look from the 80's. Looking like a few hundred pounds minimum.
Artex from the 80,s did contain asbestos!
I would agree with the consensus of opinion, regarding in excess of £1K
Likely to be around the £1200 mark, but a guestimate without seeing what's what!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back