Plastering round service pipes etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got radiator pipes, sink pipes and waste pipes coming out of a plaster boarded wall I want to skim with multifinish tomorrow.

How can I plaster up to these pipes? If I just wack the multifinish on it'll surely mean that the pipes then won't be able to move? I've got supplementary bonding coming out of some of these holes too... surely when these are moved or bent the plaster will simply crack?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Er, the pipes are clipped to the wall, so shouldn't move much anyway. Plus I can't see why you want to bend or move them - you'll be cutting the pipes and soldering elbows on them with pieces that have been cut to size and dry fitted.

If you are worried (which you are), then leave a fraction around the pipes for that mm or so of movement , not that it should be necessary - you'll be covering the exits with pipe collars.

Yep - a bit of decorators caulk around them when you're ready to paint will limit the chance of cracks occurring.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back