Plastering wall over stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

novice plasterer here :) I’m plastering my own house and learning from YouTube videos

how am I supposed to plaster the wall over the stair. To plaster the ceiling I had a ladder leant up against it, but (obviously?) the ladder cannot be there while I’m plastering that wall?! So how do I access without damaging or messing up the plaster around where the ladder sit?

do I put the ladder there and plaster as much as I can, and return later to “fill in the blanks”?

Advice appreciated, or links to a website/video

upload_2021-10-8_11-9-51.jpeg

upload_2021-10-8_11-11-31.jpeg

Sponsored Links
upload_2021-10-9_19-31-29.jpeg

follow up- I used a board for the lower parts and leant over with my hop up for the rest

Well, that's one way to do it :whistle:
If this were a pro job, I'm sure HSE would have a field day!
Anyway, a good result (y)

Fair play to you having a go yourself.
That ceiling looked tricky too especially with the curve at the edge.
Not sure I’d be brave enough to step on that
scaffolding plank balanced on top of the step ladders though! At least you’ve lived to tell the tale!
Hopefully easier from here on in for you.

Sponsored Links
I’d screwed down some chocks to stop things moving but you’re both right- it was a bit nerve wracking stepping on! I didn’t know what else to do!
Out of the woods now :)

upload_2021-10-11_22-39-19.jpeg

upload_2021-10-11_22-39-41.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back