Plastering - What product to use for taping joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which product can I use for adhering the jointing tape to plasterboard. I have been to local DIY stores ang they sell ready mixed jointing compound, but this is only in small quantities and is quite expensive.

Is there a product that I can prepare myself in larger quantities and at a cheaper price. I'm not sure but is it possible to use Artext textured finish as a jointing compund?

Sponsored Links
Self adhesive reinforced tape is OK.

Gyproc joint filler for the joints (paper tape) and gyproc easifill filler for tapered edge dry lining.

All these products are available from B & Q warehouses in bags of about 12.5 KG. you mix them yourself.

alanbanks said:
I'm not sure but is it possible to use Artext textured finish as a jointing compund?

I wouldn't, it really is a bu**er to get flat. Plus it might crack (despite the tape)

Use the self-adhesive (scrim) jointing tape, and simply plaster clean over. That's what I do and I seem to do a lot of plastering during the school hols! No complaints from my bosses.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back