Plastering

Toe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering the purchase of a Victorian 2-bed end terrace in Cambridgeshire. The trouble is most of the walls are covered in something which looks like artex and those that aren't are covered with woodchip (probably hiding an uneven wall). It seems that all of the internal walls and ceilings (covered in artex too) would require skimming.

Could anyone provide me with a rough idea of how much this would cost?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
we had a quote for our house last year

£25 per sq meter for upto 10m sq
£20 per sq m for upto 20m sq
£15 per sq m for over that

they did say the more you need doing the cheaper it gets....(to about 10sq m i think) seemed really expensive to me so i did the 7 walls myself - doesn't look too bad as our house is old so uneven walls don't look too out of place - lol

i know of a good tiler in your area if you need one....but not plasterers :O(

had a quote recently to have 4 walls (not ceiling) of my lounge skimmed, its approx 24x15ftx8ft high. quote was about £700 inc vat.

Sponsored Links
I had two walls and the inside of a wardrobe skimmed. Everything was new plasterboard, I supplied the materials (during plaster shortage, I had got hold of some).

18.5 square metres in all, £100, 2 hours 30 minutes. The guy worked quickly and did a great job, 2 years later it hasn't fallen off :D He did two coats and I couldn't find a single blemish.

I got quoted £100 by a different plasterer a few weeks ago to do a ceiling, 9 foot by 5 foot and that was the cheapest of the three!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back