Plastic Beading Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had one of my double glazed units replaced due to the seal failing and condensation getting in .

Unfortunately , when the fitters replaced the unit , they`ve managed to crack the beading - forming two 4 inch long cracks .

Theyre , hopefully , going to put it right with a repair , as the beading is no longer available .
Before I let them loose , just wanted some advice on the best way forward .

The guy who I spoke to mentioned using a wax kit , but I`m wondering if fibre glassing , similar to a car bumper repair would be better ??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks .

Sponsored Links
I suppose it depends if you want a structural or a cosmetic repair. Assuming there is no risk of the bead coming out of place I would opt for the latter.

Difficult to say without seeing a picture but you could try a caulk or silicon pushed into the crack with a wet finger. That should take your eye off it. Would wait and see what the wax repair looks like first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back