Plastic or copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to make 4 x 15mm runs (hot & cold for sink + hot & cold for shower from pump) from airing cupboard to new ensuite in bedroom on first floor of my house and having differing advice. It is approx 6m straight run and joists run along the run so no notching etc.
Options suggested:-

1. Go up into the loft from the ensuite, along the joists, insulate as required and then drop down into the airing cupboard. (no disruption to flooring/carpet etc, exposed joints for the parnoid DIYer)
2. Pull up carpet and cut floor boards sporadically for access/ease pulling throughand then run plastic in full lengths from ensuite to airing cupboard, return to copper at each end but save disturbing all of the flooring. (no joints under floor, limited disruption)
3. Pull up the carpet and then floor boards as required to do the runs in copper at floor level, rising each end into airing cupboard/ensuite. (fullest job, clipped as required etc)

What are your thoughts????

Sponsored Links
3 for me.
Going over the loft risks air locks even with a pump.
Plastic plumbing don't even get me started!;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back