plastic paddles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a decent mid range washing machine without those pathetic money grabbing plastic paddles?

Sponsored Links
I'm talking about the paddles/lifters in the drum
They all seem to have these plastic ones which keep breaking and cost a fortune to keep replacing

90% of mcs have lifters in you will have to look in curry or comet for a make that don t have them ,also dont wash trainers in there ,and /or bath mats or 1 towel on its own thats why they break off .

Sponsored Links
I havent done any of those things
I have a whirlpool machine only 3 months old and 2 have broken in the last 2 weeks
I'm looking for a replacement machine

This is a major design fault but fantastic moneyspinner for the manufacturers

I know that, i'm not stupid!
The point is i have to go through such a rigmarole to get an engineer to fit them and i could do it myself

Another point is, after the warranty expires i will have to pay for these things myself and going by someone elses experience pay out about £85 a year
Its ludicrous

We only know what you tell us.....................................
Must be stupid not to realise what your (none stated) point was........

Come back when you have something useful to say

Now back to the original question, can anyone recommend a washing machine with the old original drums? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back