plastic pipe on central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got some pipes in my kitchen what run upstair they are for my central heating i want to move them in a cuboard so you cant se them but want the quickest way to do so.i was thinking plastic pipe and quick fix connections but was wondering can yu use this on central heating?

also what is that plastic pipe what is very flexible? i think u buy it on a reel

Sponsored Links
Use barrier and tectight imho. Copper would be best practice though.

philipcooper said:
also what is that plastic pipe what is very flexible? i think u buy it on a reel

Nothing I know about but doesn't sound like it will cope with the heat.

You can buy Hep2O on the reel, maybe its that. Make sure you use the proper splicers for cutting the pipe and put the metal inserts into the end of the pipe before fitting into the fitting. You can also use HEP2O fittings with copper so its handy to run everything out of sight in plastic while using copper when it can be seen.

Sponsored Links
philipcooper said:
whats the difference between normal hep 20 and hep 20 barrier
The barrier, without which you can't use the pipe for heating circuits.

BTW, Speedfit comes on reels too.

If you need straightish lengths, buy straight lengths. Much easier to use!

philipcooper said:
whats the difference between normal hep 20 and hep 20 barrier

The barrier is there to stop oxygen working its way through the plastic into the water, and corroding your boiler and radiators.

There are rules about how close to the boiler the plastic pipe is allowed to connect - check the tech specs.

Because plastic is thicker than copper, the internal bore of the pipe is smaller. Hep20 manufacturers say this reduces the flow in their pipes compared with the same dimension of copper. OsmaGold manufacturers say their pipes are equivalent to copper.

It`ll be on the manufacturers instructions for your boiler. Most manufacturers state as a rule of thumb that no plastic pipe or fittings within a metre of the boiler.

As I posted elsewhere.

Heard today the insurance Company's are refusing to cover plastic pipework

doitall said:
Heard today the insurance Company's are refusing to cover plastic pipework
Well my insurance company hasn't refused to cover me. :rolleyes:

hepworth offer a 50 year guarrantee on its stuff so go tell insurance that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back