Plastic pipes and rodents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a good pub discussion last night regards plastic 15/22 pipe v copper pipe

My stand plastic is much faster to install, easier to modify and should last for a long long time

One point my matebrought up (who is a self builder) was rodent damage, I said build your house to prevent rodent access and I'd rather have a water leak than a fire started by mr ratty eating a cable......

I do like push fit fittings and have been using industrial pneumatic ones for 25+ years at 10bar pressure and in horrible environments they only fail usually due to excessive mechanical stress or if they are a cheap brand in the first place

Sponsored Links
If there is no one you can find locally who had pipe damage due to rodents, it is not much of an issue.
Though I have heard of people who know someone who had this problem, I have never had it myself, nor do I know anyone who had it themselves.

I've seen it, chewed through an elbow under a basin fitted about three weeks previously...

Sponsored Links
Yeah house was occupied, IIRC they chewed through it overnight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back