Plastic sheds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, thinking of getting a small plastic shed for the garden, are tools, fixings etc ok to store in these or will stuff go rusty?

Ta

Sponsored Links
I've had a tall one in my garden for a number of years. Use it for storing various bits and pieces such as gazebos', fold up chairs etc.
Not had any signs of damp or vermin, (get the odd spider), and I think they are great.
Go for a good make such as Ketter/Kettler and I think it will be fine.

PS I also have a 6' x 6' which is currently dismantled and in storage but will be coming back out when my new oil tank is installed.
We had that one up for about 5-6 years with two upright freezers in it. Both freezers are still in good condition and currently in the corner of my wooden workshop. Again, no issues with damp or mould etc.

Make sure the shed has good ventilation, to minimise condensation risk.

Hiya, thinking of getting a small plastic shed for the garden, are tools, fixings etc ok to store in these or will stuff go rusty?

Ta
Ventilation effects tools rusting not what the sheds made from .

Sponsored Links
Ours is a Keter. No problem with rusting inside, etc, etc. The ventilation is quite adequate.
To me, not only is it not going to rot like wood or metal, it is pretty strong too, to say it is plastic.

Spend a bit of time strengthening it. This is my allotment neighbours plastic shed after a stiff breeze!

IMG_7956.jpeg

It is a plastic shed and will look like a plastic shed. Yes stuff will go rusty if just left. Plastic also goes brittle and breaks very easily. I had one of those plastic storage type bins it was just over two years old. The wind took it and some of the panels just disintegrated. It was very very flimsy to start with. I accept mine wasn't a shed as such but it was made of the same stuff.

Hiya, following your advice I went and bought a 6x4 Keter and assembled it today, looks good and once together seems pretty stable, soon filled it up with all the crap I don’t need. Thanks all.

Hiya, following your advice I went and bought a 6x4 Keter and assembled it today, looks good and once together seems pretty stable, soon filled it up with all the crap I don’t need. Thanks all.
I think you have decided wisely. Our Keter shed has stood for many years with no sign of any cracks, breaks or leaks. It has two vents on opposite walls which seem to do the job as I haven't noticed any undue rusting of objects inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back