Levelling existing concrete shed base? Gravel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I didn’t get any response in the garden section so trying my luck here!

I'm replacing the 4x6 shed at my elderly parents house. It's literally just for mower/garden tools.

There is an existing concrete base but it's not very even, so when I've put the shed floor down there's some bounce in it in different areas.

What's the easiest way to level it off? Three sides are surrounded by gravel boards/brick so I was thinking of a thin layer of small gravel!

It doesn't need to be the perfect fix, just the easiest to be honest!

Thanks

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-to-level-concrete-shed-base-gravel.572680/#ixzz6xn93Mw6Z

Sponsored Links
Get a pack of glazing shims or wedge packers from somewhere like screwfix, they are bits of plastic about 100mm long x 28mm wife and come in various thicknesses from 1mm to 6mm

Then pack up the floor joists until they no longer bounce. If you want it really solid get a few tubes of silicone and fill up some of the gaps bet joist and concrete.

Get a pack of glazing shims or wedge packers from somewhere like screwfix, they are bits of plastic about 100mm long x 28mm wife and come in various thicknesses from 1mm to 6mm

Then pack up the floor joists until they no longer bounce. If you want it really solid get a few tubes of silicone and fill up some of the gaps bet joist and concrete.

I’ve got some in the garage. Never even thought of that! Only thing is the floor is already attached to the joists. Glue them to the joists so they don’t slip?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back