Concrete base for metal shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Probably a stupid few questions but I just wanted to make sure I do it correct.

I want to add a metal shed to my garden so will need to create a concrete base first.

I've attached some photos for you so you can see, there's a mix of gravel and brick base at the moment.

What would I need to do with this to be suitable for a concrete base? Remove the bricks/gravel? How deep to dig? Could I just put concrete on top and make level?

I'm going to remove the existing shed and fence you can see.

View media item 77877
View media item 77878 View media item 77879
Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's not essential that's metal. Just seemed more practical and cheaper?

Looking for around 10ft x 8ft shed.

If you're only using it to store things that don't matter if they get wet or you can pack things to be waterproof, metal will do the job. They suffer dreadfully from condensation - without additional ventilation and insulation, it will be dripping wet. If you add additional ventilation and fully insulate it, it will still be damp.

Sponsored Links
It would store tools, lawn mowers etc, the general stuff the missus doesn't want in the under stairs cupboard.

So you would go for a wooden shed?

Do you have any advice in regards to the base? Thanks mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back