Plastic Speedfit Pipe Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to replace the radiators and pipework for my combi heating system. I'm doing it in Speedfit (yes, I know - will only be here for 2 more years!) pipe off a coil.

I will be drilling holes in the joists under the floor to feed the pipe through. Do I need to wrap anything around the pipe where it passes through the hole in the joist?

The reason I ask, is that will it wear the pipe as it rubs against the wood during expansion and contraction due to heatin up. I'm also wondering if it will be noisy where plastic rubs on the wood in the joist holes.

Sponsored Links
Hep2o pipe will uncoil better and lay down straighter. Speedfit can be a pain to thread under floor boards...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies so far.

I already have loads of Speedfit fittings, but no pipe yet. If Hep2o is better, presumably its Ok to use Hep2o pipe with JG speedfit fittings?

I have seen it done, but being a pro I stick to the same pipe with same fittings: ifyou mix them and there is a problem the manufacturer won't want to know...

your call...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back