Platform for HW cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
Posting here because I susspect the plumbers will have had most experience in this area.

I'm getting an unvented HW cylinder put in the attic. It was intended to site it on the existing platform where the cold water tank is just now. However, if this is done, the new tank will foul on the purlin at the roof apex.

Can the purlin be removed? If not, the platform will need to be lowered so what is the best way to construct a platform of minimum height?

For info:
The fink trusses are 600mm apart and the existing spreader beams are approx 2500mm apart and close to the node points. Support members are in the usual configuration on the spreader beams

The tank is 210 litres, 510mm diameter and 1500 tall. It will weigh approx 250kg when full.

Sponsored Links
UPDATE for refernce.
It may not be a purlin at the roof apex. I now believe the beam (2*1 inch rough cut wood) is just the strapping used to align/ hold the trusses during construction of the roof.

Safe to cut this away?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back