Please advise. asap if possible !

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,

I have a combi boiler that is council maintained, it was serviced a month or so ago but recently I have noticed that the pressure seemed to be getting high, so I let the pressure out through a nozzle on top of a small 'pressure' tank as advised by a friend, however the pressure is now over three. I have had a look and there is an isolator on a braided line that feeds the tank, this isolator wont turn fully off, this is allowing the pressure to rise.

Is this pressure ok ?
Will turning my incoming pressure down be ok for now ???? :eek:

Will I get any more joy turning the isolator with a driver or tool rather than the plastic 'knob' (screw fit) ?

Should I panic more than I already am ???? :oops: :oops:

Sorry for the rushed post.....

Sponsored Links
I dont think you should fiddle with the councils boiler or take advice from friends.
Phone the council tell them your boiler needs repairing tell the repairer the symptons and let them get on with it

sounds to me like youve de pressurised the expansion vessel, your friends a clown. get some proper advice from someone who knows what their doing.

Sponsored Links
YES PANIC!

GET OUT THE HOUSE!

ITS GONNA BLOW!

;)

don't frighten the customer so you naughty naughty boy :LOL: :LOL:

as said ring the helpline and just tell them the boiler is over pressure and you can't turn the supply off. they will get someone out to you fairly quickly.

at 3+ bar the pressure valve will open and dump the excess pressure in the meantime.

clown.jpg

Ok, thanks for the replies.

No answer on the council line yet, I have managed to turn the main water stopcock off so all is ok for now, pressure wise.

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back