please dont cry foul when you lose an argument

freddie, i sat out of a lot of the debates for a long time when they took on this anti muslim edge, and after what happened i could understand it to a certain degree. i hoped the reaction would die down a little and go back to normal healthy arguments, which we all enjoy and take part in. I guess i got to the point of being fed up with lkistening to the ramblings and rantings of one person, which from as far as what i can read are based on sod all but weak, sweeping statements, generalisations and downright offensive remarks. So i decided to ask a few questions, sort of taking part in the argument/debate i suppose. Now as far as i can see it ive asked him a few questions after all the spoutings on he has made, in order to try and see his logic and prove or disprove it. So im sorry if you think im trying to do something clever, i fact thankyou im flattered. All i wanted were some straight forward answers to some straight forward questions.

Yes you are right he has got the right to express his views, as has anyone else on here, however if you are going to start throwing the rules at people, maybe we should all play by them. Arguments are one thing, nasty vindictive racist claptrap being spouted out on a regular basis is another.

Sponsored Links
Now lets see if the MOD's play fair and remove your post. Failure to do this would just convince me their really is a clique on this board.

Thanks for the fair play MOD.

Look Thermo it wasnt directed mainly at you.

Slogger has put forward some very good points and views even though they may be of a kind which a lot of people dont want to think about or get involved in, unfortunately for Slogger he has come across as some kind of racsist football yob which has in part been bought on by some very clever baiting from people who have steered him in that direction and also cleverly twisted the points at what he was trying to hit on.

I am not stupid--i dont think Slogger is either but maybe he hasnt seen what people have done to him, i have and so have others.

Slogger has been out of order sometimes and maybe over stepped the mark aswell but to be honest it hasnt been a normal few weeks as it and his view is shared by many folk who may not say as much.

There has been an agenda on this forum that if anybody speaks out that they are immediately jumped upon and branded this and that in an attempt to shut people up.

If you dont like what Slogger says then put your view across by all means but at least explain your view and not just try and ridicule him cause you dont like him, i dont think he is a yob as a yob wouldnt entertain sitting at a computer on a forum, he would be too busy out on the street.

Thermo said:
freddie, i sat out of a lot of the debates for a long time when they took on this anti muslim edge, and after what happened i could understand it to a certain degree. i hoped the reaction would die down a little and go back to normal healthy arguments, which we all enjoy and take part in. I guess i got to the point of being fed up with lkistening to the ramblings and rantings of one person, which from as far as what i can read are based on s** all but weak, sweeping statements, generalisations and downright offensive remarks. So i decided to ask a few questions, sort of taking part in the argument/debate i suppose. Now as far as i can see it ive asked him a few questions after all the spoutings on he has made, in order to try and see his logic and prove or disprove it. So im sorry if you think im trying to do something clever, i fact thankyou im flattered. All i wanted were some straight forward answers to some straight forward questions.

Yes you are right he has got the right to express his views, as has anyone else on here, however if you are going to start throwing the rules at people, maybe we should all play by them. Arguments are one thing, nasty vindictive racist claptrap being spouted out on a regular basis is another.

I don't think that Freddie meant you in particular Thermo :)

You are absolutely right everyone should play by the rules......as well as racist posts being removed/deleted - but the nasty, vindictive and personally directed attacks made on general chat should be sorted out as well! :)

Sponsored Links
freddie, its also been bought on by the numerous topics he has posted. To be frank a lot of the replies have been repeats of what has been said again and again, and a lot of them havnt been turned or twisted. Even if they have most people with an ounce of sense can sort the wheat from the chaff. Now if someones going to come out with any sort of argument decrying someone then they should at least be able to back it up with some sort of logical and reasoned rational.

Thermo said:
they should at least be able to back it up with some sort of logical and reasoned rational.

Some people find this harder to do than others Thermo - thinking about myself here! :)

I don't want to dwell on this for too long Thermo and certainly don't really have you in mind either, but some do jump on Sloggers posts, purely because of what he has said in other threads.

Take this thread as an example, here are the first few posts.
Slogger wrote.
if you dont agree with a post and you feel the need to vent your spleen then say your bit and be done with it there is no need to get the ADMINS involved as they take all the posts off even the ones that have no hardcore material ok
no names will be mentioned but we all know who the teachers pets are
ps mod i am going to moderate my words now to make it harder for you to justify the deletions oky doky
ps please dont reply to this as it is a read once and disgard item ty
Nothing racist or offensive there, no bad language either, but this was your reply.
it doesnt matter how you say it, you still come out with the same offensive drivel
Slogger quite understandably replied
omg you had to reply ? wtf for
Again nothing overly offensive, except maybe an initialised expletive, which we all do. We now get Moz commenting.
As its Sloggers Free Speach ,let the guy have his say an if he does step over the line it gets modded/deleted quicker here than any board I seen on the net for awhile..
We all have comments/RANTS......... lets keep it cool ok
Again no problems there, but you then come back with this, which is clearly a veiled comment about Moz's posts.
moz, nice to be able to understand your post, and that makes perfect sense to me, just fed up to the hind teeth with it
You later said this.
Yes you are right he has got the right to express his views,

I feel I must ask, did you really mean this?

In reality Slogger, certainly in the above quotes, is the innocent victim. Just like he was with Ban's comment, which is why I said so.

We are all sick of the way things are going but it is a two way street. Slogger may give some, but he gets much more back.

There are probably more people on here agree with slogger than you realise. It may be unfashionable to comment these days, but I don't know anyone who agrees with what is going on in the UK today. You can force these people on us if you wish but you can't make us like it.

I just proved a point in the other thread with one of the people concerned unfortunatley i cant get back on here having problems tonight.

But my point is i have stated Thermo how this forum will end up and i have told people to have a look at those forums--you will attract all the wrong people here and it will be a free for all and destroy this place--this i said days ago.

To the point you made ---if Julie said i think we can no longer allow muslims to enter the country--you replies would be rational and you would get your point across---If Slogger did it then all hell breaks lose.

david and julie said:
You can force these people on us if you wish but you can't make us like it.
No one on here is trying to force any issue but are merely making their side of an argument, what people are fed up with on here are the nasty comments and racist remarks.

Freddie said:
But my point is i have stated Thermo how this forum will end up and i have told people to have a look at those forums--you will attract all the wrong people here and it will be a free for all and destroy this place--this i said days ago.
Who are these wrong people? People that object to nasty comments? people who have a different view to others, what do you want on here a one sided forum that can spout BNP like propaganda without opposition?

kendor said:
david and julie said:
No one on here is trying to force any issue but are merely making their side of an argument, what people are fed up with on here are the nasty comments and racist remarks.

I am having trouble tonight Kendor so please bear with me

Can you define a racist remark?

I would say --you black bast---s as a racist remark

Would you say if i said we cant let any more muslims into the country racist?

Fair enough kendor and perhaps I shouldn't of included my own opinion which you have picked up on.

You say people are sick of the nasty comments(I will ignore the racist comment,because it is not racist not to want the country even more overcrowded) With this in mind could you tell me why you never made reference to the nasty comments made against Slogger in this thread?

Freddie said:
kendor said:
david and julie said:

No i wouldn't say that that's a racist remark, misguided yes but not racist, by misguided i mean you are targeting all muslims because of the actions of a few similar to the argument from before, should we persecute all the irish because of the actions of a few?

kendor said:
Freddie said:
kendor said:
david and julie said:

No i wouldn't say that that's a racist remark, misguided yes but not racist, by misguided i mean you are targeting all muslims because of the actions of a few similar to the argument from before, should we persecute all the irish because of the actions of a few?

Thankyou Kendor now take a look at what some of the people have been doing to Sloggers quotes or sayings and you will see the difference as to what you put for your reply

david and julie said:
Fair enough kendor and perhaps I shouldn't of included my own opinion which you have picked up on.

You say people are sick of the nasty comments(I will ignore the racist comment,because it is not racist not to want the country even more overcrowded) With this in mind could you tell me why you never made reference to the nasty comments made against Slogger in this thread?
This is where i get misquoted a lot, i'm not mentioning that comment or the like as racist , you are entitled to your opinion and we can beg to differ on it, what i call racist remarks are the comments about going out on the streets and killing or maiming a community of people as has been suggested by some on here. these are despicable comments and really shouldn't be allowed on here, is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods? if so then you are getting me wrong i'm not saying you or others can't have your views but does the debate have to lower itself sometimes to the gutter? that's all nothing more.

Sponsored Links
Back