PLEASE HELP! Hairdryer holder made of coat hangers/steel wire

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi! I just joined hoping someone here could help me? This is a small project I've been trying to design for several weeks. I'm not the best at non yarn based crafts and I REALLY need help. I want to make something out of coat hangers and or extra steel wire to hold a hairdryer. NOT to hold it when its off to store it but when it is ON. I have bought stands before but they were rubbish and broke and collapsed under the weight of the hairdryer which is not a heavy hairdryer at all. What I want to do is make something that will hold the hairdryer to point downward, and to both securely hold the hairdryer and be able to put it in and out easily. And hang it from a high knob on my wardrobe. I think I could do something similar to the actual crappy stands to adjust the tilt with a piece of velcro/ribbon tied at the top around the knob its hanging from. I just need helping designing a frame that holds it securely and is easily removable. PLEASE HELP I'M SO FRUSTRATED.

Any ideas at all? Please?

Sponsored Links
Hanging something from a knob (or single support point) is never going to give you a stable platform. Why does it have to hang at a height? What are you trying to achieve here?

Sponsored Links
@foxhole That will do fine. Thanks!

@blup I thought of one of those first but I don't own the property and can't do anything permanent. Thanks for the idea though.

@oldbutnotdead I should be explained myself better. My bad shoulder can't take the strain of holding something above my head for long and it had to be at a height so I could stand under it. I bought two stands but this purpose but one can't take the weight of the hairdryer and the other was too short (and the height adjustment feature was broken when I got it so I was sitting on the floor with both trying to angle it on my hair. It was ridiculous. So this was the last resort. I think foxhole's suggestion will work great though. Thanks for replying.

Many years ago we had a hair drier designed for hands free.
s-l1600.jpg
Although this one must be some 35 years old, there are modern ones.
yhst-88462588038071_2523_24411199543
However we found it a pain to use, it was in the end used as a fan heater for the caravan, the problem with using a hand held hair drier with a hood is it could over heat, so better to get one designed for the job.

The idea was the woman could carry on working while drying her hair, I suppose the next would have been a brush connected to waist so you could brush up while doing other work! Fortunately we don't treat women like that any more.

This is a small project I've been trying to design for several weeks. I'm not the best at non yarn based crafts and I REALLY need help. I want to make something out of coat hangers and or extra steel wire to hold a hairdrye
Pleeeeeze.......get out more.

Back