please help hotpoint wd860 willnot stop spinning?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello and thank you for reading my problem
i have a hotpoint washer/dryer wd860
everything working on it no codes are coming up but when it gets to the last 1minute before ending it just keeps spinning slowing down and then going faster but it doesnt end i have tryed to do just a spin cycle and every other option to wash my clothes but it always stops at 1minute and continusley spins i have left it for over 30mins and it still says 1min and is still spinning slowing down nearly stopping and then speeding up again

if anyone has got any ideas i would love to hear what you have to say about my problem

Sponsored Links
You have a motor fault. Cost around £80.00

bought a new motor for £100 and still doing the same thing :( anyone have any other advice it ould be? thanks

Sponsored Links
At the end of the cycle does the timer knob go to the stop position or is it sticking? I.E when it won't stop spinning can you manually turn the knob to the end cycle position and does it stop? Could be sticky timer.
Edited to say-Sorry just had a look at a larger picture on line, it doesn't have what I thought was a selector knob on a smaller picture but push buttons in a circle. Looks like an electronic timer. Could be at fault. Harder to diagnose than old mechanical timer.

http://www.hotpoint-spares.co.uk/pcb-module-for-wd860g-p-85875.html?zenid=9scl0kd8p2fqv58plikabf8e54

hiya again thanks for that, took pcb off looks in mint con, just cant understand it, dont reallt wanna spend more on it again if it is the pcb board!! grrr but thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back