Please help me for Hive wiring connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boiler Logic ++30KW is working well prior conversion into 2 zone HIVE system.
I bought lately 2 Hives and 2 receivers and tried myself to replace TP5000 programable thermostat. I made several photos of original S-Plan wiring diagram for my own consumption incase Hive conversion will not work out. I check and locate the original 2 wires from thermostat(black and brown) derived from ground floor and another set from upper floor using my Fluke multi-tester. Upon knowing the 2 sets of existing wires from 2 thermostats, these will be isolated/detached (for awhile) from S-Plan. I made a 3Amps spur to supply the Hive Receiver and use the same spot where old stats is found. My understanding is... Thermostat is a switching device governed by temperature and trigger the switch when target temperature is met. I tried to power up the receiver by following L-L N-N, Earth-Earth, through 3Amp FCU and connect the black(switched line) to Hive terminal 3 (heating NO) to connect to brown of Zone valve... but the breaker switched off(short circuit) instantly. Meaning the brown wire from the valve is Neutral (N) while the Hive Terminal3 is Common(L) which instantly turned breaker off? Please HELP Me!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
post pics of what you had and what you have now , wire colours in heating systems mean absolutrely nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back