Please help me install my Hive 2, replacing my Vaillant controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I know that this should be installed professionally but I thought I'd have a go. I've switched off the spur when fiddling about, but I can't get the darn thing to work.

My boiler is a Vaillant combi boiler and it has an existing RF controller, being a VRT 360f. The VRT 360f receiver only has two wires going in from the boiler, brown and blue (neutral and live I'd assume). The Hive 2 has N, L, 1 (common), 2 Heating off (NC), 3 Heating on (NO) and 4 (unused). Can anyone suggest how to wire this? I have tried connecting the blue wire to N and the brown wire to L. This works in that I get the correct colour light flashing, but it's not correct I'm sure. Do I want a connection wire from the L to the 3 parts of the Live receiver?

Any help would be great!

Sponsored Links
Woah stop right there. The two wires you have are neither Live nor Neutral as such, they connect to Vaillant eBus and shouldn't be connected to anything other than eBus controls. You're rather lucky you haven't killed your Hive, your boiler, or both. Disconnect immediately before any lasting damage is done

You'll need to run a new supply to Hive from the boiler

Oh dammit. Thanks for the reply though, I'll have to wait until my neighbour electrician can install it as running new wires is way beyond me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back