Replace Landis & Gyr Heating Control With A Hive Heating Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing Heating Controller is a Landis & Gyr RWB 100 and is only controlling the central heating with no internal thermostat.
I have the single channel Hive receiver just to control the boiler.
If you look at the wiring picture there is three wires (Earth Wire = N / Brown Wire = L and Blue Wire is in no. 4 with a link between the Live and No.2
My question is, do I just move the brown link wire from 2 to 1 and move the blue wire from 4 to 3?
Much appreciated,
Kevin.

Attachments

• My Existing Timer Wiring landis & gyr heating controls.jpg
    My Existing Timer Wiring landis & gyr heating controls.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 722
  • My Existing Timer Wiring  1.JPG
    My Existing Timer Wiring 1.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 546
Sponsored Links
yes ,and the yellow in N is not an earth wire, it is a Neutral, never go by wire colours in a heating system

Sponsored Links
The clue is in the terminal marked N that the wire in question is connected to. It's what a wire is connected to at each end that determines its function not the colour of the insulation.

However, someone has used a wire with yellow and green insulation for a Neutral connection. It's bad practice to do this as it causes confusion.

so technically there is no earth wire. Am I correct?
...in the installation pictured, there is no earth wire.
As above, the yellow/green wire is being used as a neutral, and should at the least, be covered in blue sleeving.

On your system, or any other system, there may, or may not be an earth wire.
If you are having issues with your system, why not start a new post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back