Please help me - potterton promax 24

Even the trading standard approved scheme is rubbish.
Especially trustmark is useless. The vetting process verifies that the company has paid their taxes over the past three years, but does not check their work at all. My local scheme is run by an external, private company who don't employ a single engineer, and couldn't fix so much as your pilot light.

There we go then avid readers.

Remember our comments :)

Sponsored Links
Once again thanks for the bits and pieces of help.
The guy is coming back next week.

I am still none the wiser as to what the problem is but have read a previous thread from here where someone stars a similar problem.

The reply was along the lines of new burner, new heat exchanger and combustion door and seals. If that is the case it's gonna be an expensive time.

Might end up taking the heateam offer of 345 for any repair if thats the reality of the matter parts alone are over 400...

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
did he check the co2 readings

Right, guy has been back today. Took the burner out and hoovered off any debris and bits and pieces that were in the combustion chamber. Such as, the burnt gasket crumbs.

He said there was a lot of debris at the top of the flue where the gases/heat escape to the outside world. Apparently there is a very small gap for this which he cleaned up. He tested the boiler with a gas flue analyser and the readings he said were fine.

His theory is that the dirtyness of the flue is causing trhe heat build up which burnt out the gasket. He also thinks that as a result of this the combustion door is slightly warped.

The solution i have been given is to buy a new combustion door............
Already replaced the PCB and 2 gaskets.

Does this seem like a likely solution ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back