Potterton Promax Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I'd share some info with this forum, in case someone is having similar problems.

Both my neighbour & and had the same boiler installed over the summer - Potterton Promax FSB 30Kw.

Within a week of mines being installed, the boiler started going into lock-out few times a week, then perhaps 3 times a day. The fault code indicated a problem with the condensate pump which the Potterton Engineer replaced. It locked-out again the following weeks, and the engineer (after 3 hours diagnosing) replaced some of the ignition system. Seems to be ok now after about 4 months of operation.

The engineer told me there was a generic problem with the level switch in the condenser tank with these boilers - seemingly the Potterton boilers all have the same 'guts'

Yesterday my neighbour was telling me her boiler was locking-out, and cant get Potterton out until next week. As its freezing, I popped in to look, and as soon as I moved the condensate tank, the pump kicked in, and drained the tank and boiler switched on and is now working fine. Obviously a jammed float switch or pump.

Thought I'd leave this as a note for anyone else searching for problems associated with these boilers.

No really impressed so far tbh.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back