Please help me wire my dimmer switch for my wall lights!

novicesparky said:
I know I'm dim but I'm not that dim!! :LOL:
I was pushing them in and out - several times in fact!!

Didn't mean anything by it, just easily done, that's all.... :D

Anyway, I'm out of ideas I'm afraid. The bulbs sound a bit unusual, but if they are 240V then they should be dimmable with no problems. Hopefully soemone cleverer will be along in a minute with some more ideas.

Good Luck !

Sponsored Links
thanks anyway - I think I might just have to get an expertsparky in to do it - shame though - managed to virtually rebuild a house singlehandedly and now I'm outsmarted by a dimmer switch - such is life!!

ban-all-sheds said:
I'm trying to think what a dimmer would do if the polarity was reversed... :?:
The lights would get brighter as you turn the "dimmer" down - a brightener.

novicesparky said:
the bulbs are 240v ( is that low????!)
ch427 said:
well . . considering metal pylons can transmit power at several hundred thousand volts . . . ;)

novicesparky, do you not know what voltage UK houses are supplied with???

Sponsored Links
thanks for the comments - if you'd read the whole chain of posts you would see that not only am I a novicesparky, I'm also a girl!! Am I supposed to know what voltage a house is....??? ;)

I was just testing!! Have called in an expert now - going to charge me £25 to fit the bloody thing - hey ho easy come...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back