PLEASE Help Me !!!!!!

The remedy is to balance the supplies.

Does that mean that if I put the cold supply to my bathroom tub and basin back onto gravity fed , as opposed to mains , this will balance with them and save me from having to fit an NRV to the bath mixer ?

Also , if this is correct and I do this and it greatly reduces the water pressure for running the tap or filling the bath , how do I rectify that problem ?

Sponsored Links
ScottJH said:
Does that mean that if I put the cold supply to my bathroom tub and basin back onto gravity fed , as opposed to mains , this will balance with them and save me from having to fit an NRV to the bath mixer?
Yes; that's precisely what it means.

Also , if this is correct and I do this and it greatly reduces the water pressure for running the tap or filling the bath , how do I rectify that problem?
That's a symptom, and the cause could be a specific blockage, or the aggregate effect of tortuous pipework, smallbore pipework, and small waterways in tap bodies.

I'd be tempted to reconnect at the cistern, then feed mains pressure cold water back up the pipework to see if anything comes out into the cistern. You could have a broken gate valve, or, as someone has already pointed out, a mouse carcass stuck in it.

If that didn't increase the flow down to the taps, then I'd follow the route of the pipework, find the cause of the poor flow, and put it right.

If you can't do that, then you might be tempted to consider adding a pump. (However, consider that if the restriction is before the pump, you will shorten the pump's life because the flow into it will be insufficient and it will cavitate.)

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Just dropping you all a line to let you know that my problem is now solved.

The cold water feed to the bathroom mixers (basin & bath), which was being run off mains , was returned to tank fed.

Job done (as suggested elsewhere in this thread) !!!

Thanks for all your help guys - it was VERY much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back