Bizarre Overflow Problem!

I have on more than one occasion come across another possible solution. Has anybody been plumbing washers in lately? With the trend towards single [cold] feed washing machines; some less competent DIYers have been known to use a 'Y' piece the wrong way round thuis creating a permanent link between the mains fed cold and the tank fed hot.
Turn off your washing machine valves and see if the overflow stops!

Sponsored Links
That's a perfectly valid suggestion, but, reading between the lines of the OP's posts, the rate of overflowing is less than one would expect from a reversed Y piece. IMHO.

Hi there.

Just a quick thanks for the continuing suggestions/advice.

Having turned the tap off below the sink that stops the hot water, the overflow problem stopped.

From this i deduce, although i maybe totally wrong, that Softus' observations regarding the mixer valve are probably correct.

Also thanks to "LeedsPlumber" who also suggested a 'mixer' problem earlier but i think i fobbed it off!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back