PLEASE Help Me !!!!!!

Please excuse my igorance but what do you mean a blender valve ?

How do I know this and where are they located ?

Blender valves are small mixing valves fitted to hot water outlets. They mix hot water with cold to reduce the hot water to a level where scalding will not occur. They are common in Nursing homes/hospitals etc

They are quite rare in domestic properties. They are usually near the tap. They are also used when solar energy is used and then they are fitted near the hot water cylinder.
They can cause the cold (mains) to hot water problems that you may have.

Sponsored Links
[
Please excuse my igorance but what do you mean a blender valve ?

How do I know this and where are they located ?

Blender valves are small mixing valves fitted to hot water outlets. They mix hot water with cold to reduce the hot water to a level where scalding will not occur. They are common in Nursing homes/hospitals etc
They are quite rare in domestic properties. They are usually near the tap. They are also used when solar energy is used and then they are fitted near the hot water cylinder.
They can cause the cold (mains) to hot water problems that you may have.[/quote]
What do they look like ?

Cant find a picture of one, sorry.
They have three pipe connection one marked 'hot' opposite one marked 'cold' and at 90 degrees from them the last usually labelled 'mix'
How didi you get on feeling pipes near your taps?

Sponsored Links
They have three pipe connection one marked 'hot' opposite one marked 'cold' and at 90 degrees from them the last usually labelled 'mix'

Not had a chance to try yet as i am at work.

I will try tonight.

Somebody also mentioned that it could be the electric shower due to a gravity fed hot water and mains fed cold water.

Could this be the case also ?

I'm confused about your shower!
If as you said it is electric it will not have a hot water supply and therefore can not be the sourse of your problem.
If it has a hot water supply it is not an electric shower, but could be the sourse of problems.

I felt the pipes as you suggested and the pipes that where hot seemd to stay hot for a reasonable time.

I cannot seem to find any of the valves that you suggested.

One thing though , I had a bath last night and the water wasnt dripping first thing this morning but started later on in the morning and continued until about 1 hour ago when I turned on the hot water tap and left it running.

Does any of this info help ?

Fit non return valves on your 3 hot supplies to mixer taps (one at a time and test) and see if that cures it. :D

You still haven't said what type of shower you have. :rolleyes:

Fit non return valves on your 3 hot supplies to mixer taps (one at a time and test) and see if that cures it. :D

You still haven't said what type of shower you have. :rolleyes:

I could fit the 3 non return valves as suggested but would that not just stop the water coming out the overflow but be potentially dangerous as it is not actually fixing or diagnosing the main problem ?

Also , I have a 9.5Kw electric shower.

Ok, we now know that the shower is not the culprit. :D

What we suspect is that cold water is getting back to your cylinder/ CW tank via the hot water distribution pipes.

Fitting a NRV (on the hot pipe near each mixer tap )will stop the cold water getting back to the tank / cylinder and SHOULD cure this for you..

Read post no 30 in the FAQs. :D

Ok, we now know that the shower is not the culprit. :D

What we suspect is that cold water is getting back to your cylinder/ CW tank via the hot water distribution pipes.

Fitting a NRV (on the hot pipe near each mixer tap )will stop the cold water getting back to the tank / cylinder and SHOULD cure this for you..

Read post no 30 in the FAQs. :D

Cheers for that.

Can you confirm that fitting a NRV is in no way dangerous and the problem, whatever it is, will not cause the water to potentially build up elsewhere in my pipework/system causing burst pipes , flooding etc ?

I ask because I feel if there is still a problem and the water is no longer going out the overflow then where will it go ?

Can you confirm that fitting a NRV is in no way dangerous and the problem, whatever it is, will not cause the water to potentially build up elsewhere in my pipework/system causing burst pipes , flooding etc ?

I ask because I feel if there is still a problem and the water is no longer going out the overflow then where will it go ?

It has the same effect as a closed tap on your mains pipework i.e none ;)

Now get to work and let us know how you get on. :D

Good stuff !!!!

I will get 3 NRV's at B&Q tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Cheers again.

I have now fitted the 3 NRV's to the 3 x sets of mixer taps in the house and the problem is still happening.

Any other ideas or advice what to try next ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back