PLEASE HELP!! Vaillant VCW GB 240 H Poor flame

Built like Tiger tanks - still got two on the books in A1 condition (only 25 years old) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
goddamnvaillant said:
Hello All. My Vaillant VCW GB 240 H has a pilt that keeps going out, even though i have changed to thermocouple.

The more pressing problem is the burner flame. Today, it seems to have lost its powerful blue burner appearance. It now looks very low powered, yellow and billowy. And the water to the shower and taps is only getting lukewarm as a result. I haven't tried the CH.

Any ideas would be appreciated in a big way.

thanks for taking the time to read this humble request.

We wish you a Happy Christmas......................

Gasguru said:
Built like Tiger tanks - still got two on the books in A1 condition (only 25 years old) :LOL:

Was prob doing my mocks 25 yr ago, them boys must of used tanks when they lifted them. Thought I had the inner leaf of wall still attached when I lifted it :eek: :LOL: ;)

BOB D.O.L.E said:
goddamnvaillant said:
Hello All. My Vaillant VCW GB 240 H has a pilt that keeps going out, even though i have changed to thermocouple.

The more pressing problem is the burner flame. Today, it seems to have lost its powerful blue burner appearance. It now looks very low powered, yellow and billowy. And the water to the shower and taps is only getting lukewarm as a result. I haven't tried the CH.

Any ideas would be appreciated in a big way.

thanks for taking the time to read this humble request.

[/url]

Happy Christmas......................

Give ower Bob, think the OP's got the message now :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links

Shot at 2007-08-11

To you and your Kin.....
We wish you a happy christmas and a happpppyyyyyyyy new yyyyyear..............

Gasguru has got it right that is a picture of a sine 18 without its inner case,. about 10 years before a 240. Besides boiler should be turned off immediately and sevice done it is sooted up

Gasguru/Namsag, your both correct, that is a pic of the sime 18.

Was removed and replaced as part of a referb.

The 240 has a hinged front panel does it not :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back