Please STOP disabling my back button!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know the reality is that the forum needs advertising to survive, and I don't use an ad blocker but PLEASE cease using ads that disable the back button such as adrevolver and the like. I'm happy to view ads on pages and I will click on ads if I have an interest in the product but I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT click ads that sneak up and block my back button.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to find the previous page because of the stupid ads that take over the browser? Please stop it - now.

Sponsored Links
Hi David,

We don't use adrevolver (I've never heard of it before your post!). I am not aware on any ads that block the back button, nor have I experienced the behaviour you have described. Is it a specific advert you have noticed this behaviour occurring with?

Hi,

It's not just ad revolver. When I can't use the back button I click the caret to the right of it and I see a list of adware sites. I'm experiencing the problem right now, and the list has view.atdmt.com and ad.uk.doubleclick.net in the list. The ad serving is not on every single page change, I guess there is a frequency setting somewhere, but most of the pages have an intersitial ad.

It's a real problem. It's making the site pretty much unusable as I don't want to remember I can't use the back button - I actually want to USE the button.

I know that advertising is necessary, but this type of ad could prove counter productive as if people can't use the site easily they will go to other forums where they can.

I'm using XP with IE7 BTW.

not that i am "sticking up for admin" but look at it this way, 6000+ users 47 regulars, and someone with a problem (you)

change to fire fox, you wont regret it

Sponsored Links
David, I use IE7 on XP and it works fine for me. I have never heard of such a problem before. Do you have any other software installed that affects the web browser? I'd like to help but unless I can pin it down or reproduce the situation it's very difficult. Has this only started to occur recently?

Never been a problem for me either. I'm on IE7.

Maybe you have some adware or something on your machine?

Well, if it was just this one computer I'd probably agree, but I'm having the same problem on my laptop too. However, I think I'm going to make enquiries in some of the tech forums as the next step to see if there is anything awry / suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Back